- Pastoral Counseling - If you are in need of pastoral care or pastoral counseling, please drop by or contact the Newman Center front desk by calling (614) 291-4674. A pastoral staff member will be in contact with you to set up an appointment.
- Spiritual Direction - Spiritual Direction is conversation with an experienced spiritual guide to gain insight into one's spiritual life and growth. Spiritual direction can be short-term, to help you through a transition or to assist with your vocational discernment, or it can also be a long-term relationship that challenges you to a deeper relationship with the Lord. Spiritual direction is not therapy or psychological counseling, although it can be a helpful adjunct to those practices. If you are interested in spiritual direction, please contact a pastoral staff member at the Newman Center at (614) 291-4674 to make an appointment to discuss your needs.
- Professional Counseling - If you are a student at The Ohio State University and are in need of professional counseling, please contact the OSU Counseling and Consultation service at (614) 292-5766 or visit their website at http://www.ccs.ohio-state.edu. Often crises occur after normal office hours. Columbus is fortunate to have several other 24-hour crisis services. These services include NetCare Access (614) 276-2273, the OSU Hospital Emergency Department (614) 293-8333, and the OSU Police Department at (614) 292-2121.
- The Top 5 Mental Health Challenges Facing College Students & Resources: http://www.bestcolleges.com/resources/top-5-mental-health-problems-facing-college-students/
- Emergency Financial Assistance - Need Help Now? Call the St. Vincent de Paul Hotline: (614) 388-8279. Response within 24 hours. Provides emergency food, rent, gasoline, and utility assistance, as well as referrals for more permanent needs.
- Food/Clothing Assistance - Neighborhood Services, Inc. (NSI); 1950-E N. 4th Street: (614) 297-0592 or visit their website to learn more about their resources at https://www.neighborhoodservicesinc.org
- Pregnancy - If you are pregnant and are in need of help, contact the Women’s Care Center Foundation here in Columbus at (614) 251-0200 or visit their website to learn more about their resources at http://www.womenscarecenterfoundation.org
- Suicide Prevention Services - If you are concerned for your safety or that of others, CALL 911 immediately. If you are concerned about an individual’s self harm, call OSU Suicide Prevention Services at (614) 221-5445. The national suicide hotline is (800) 273-8255 or http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org. There is also a helpful Suicide/Depression Guidebook resource online.
- Helpful Resources at The Ohio State University - There are many helpful offices and resources at OSU to help students. Some often used by students include the following: Counseling and Consultation Service (students), the Student Advocacy Center, Disability Services, Multicultural Center, Student Wellness Center, Younkin Success Center, Student Conduct, Student Health Center, and University Housing. To learn more, visit http://studentlife.osu.edu and click on the appropriate department for their contact information and the support that is available to you.