Buckeye Awakening Retreat
Faith filled. Fun. Refreshing.
The Awakening Retreat is a nationally-known weekend retreat program that has been transforming the lives of Catholic college students across the country.
The retreat is an amazing experience, and we can't wait for you to be part of it! It's different from any other retreat. So, if you've been on dozens of retreats or are new on your faith path, Buckeye Awakening is the place for you. The retreat is designed to help college students deepen their faith and relationship with God through prayer, reflection, and fun activities with their peers, and it strives to foster an “awakening” to Christ’s presence’s in their lives, in the Church, and in the world.
Our Buckeye Awakening Retreats are held at the Sts. Peter and Paul Retreat Center in Newark, Ohio, which has more than 500 acres of beautifully wooded grounds. In just 4 years, over 900 students have participated in Buckeye Awakening!
So, do something great for yourself and your faith: get away from campus for a weekend that will allow you to make amazing new friends, reflect on your life, and better understand your calling.
Buckeye Awakening Retreat Dates
Buckeye Awakening #9: Octobr 4-6, 2013
Buckeye Awakening #10: February 28-March 2, 2014
Applications for Buckeye Awakening #9 will open in the early fall 2013 semester.
- Apply online. Everyone is placed on a waiting list, so disregard the notice that registration for the event is full. If you are accepted, your payment will be processed and you will be notified if you are accepted.
- The cost for the weekend is $55, which includes meals, a t-shirt, lodging, supplies, and transportation. You will be asked for payment information when you apply online.
- For those accepted to go on the retreat, gather at the Newman Center on Friday, March 1 at 4:30 p.m. in the Social Hall on the third floor. Overnight parking is not allowed at the Newman Center, and retreaters are not allowed to drive themselves to the retreat center. The retreat will conclude by 5 p.m. on Sun., March 3. You must participate in all of the retreat in order to attend, which means you cannot arrive late to the Newman Center (we gather at 4:30 p.m. on Friday, the bus leaves at 5:30 p.m., and you cannot leave the retreat early.)
- You do not need to bring linens on retreat, as your bedding, pillow, etc. are provided by the retreat center.
- Bring a snack (bag of chips, cookies, bag of fruit, etc.) to share with the group for the retreat.
- Remember to eat dinner before you come on Friday or bring something with you to eat with you. Dinner is not provided on Friday night.
- Cancelation Fee: There is a $25 cancellation fee if you cancel before February 15; no refunds after February 15.
For more information, contact Austin Schafer at (614) 291-4674 x116.
- who we are
- join us
- deepen your faith
- watch us grow
- keep in touch